To enrich the lives of children throughout our community
by offering affordable, top-quality
continuing education for
early childhood professionals.
Evening Courses for Educators
The Ella Hawes Institute for Early Childhood Educators evening courses are on hiatus for the 2017-2018 school year.
Child Development Associate (CDA) Training Center
Primary Instructor: Debbie Weymouth
Administrator: Anne McIntyre
This course will enable students to complete the education requirements and the Professional Portfolio required by the Council for Professional Recognition.
It consists of 10 modules and requires a minimum of 120 clock hours of study for completion. Requirements of each module include seminar attendance and completion of study assignments. This course is designed for self-motivated students.
Cost of Completed Course:
Registration Fee $200 is due on September 4
Course Fee 1 of $275 is due on September 18
Course Fee 2 of $275 is due on January 4
Includes: 2 textbooks, CDA Competency Standards Book, all required materials, and registration fee.
Orientation is September 4
Class dates are September 18, October 2, October 16, November 6, November 19, December, 4, January 8, January 22, February 5, February 19, March 5, March 19, and April 2.
All classes are on Tuesdays 6:30-8:30pm at St. Luke’s United Methodist Church.
Requirements of Students:
- Meet CDA candidate eligibility requirements as defined by the Council for Early Childhood Recognition.
- For each module, attend the seminar(s) and complete the self-study assignments by the designated date.
- Understand that only one absence is permitted without prior approval from the program administrator.
- Complete the online Council for Professional Development application process and pay a $425 application fee to the council.
- Find a Professional Development Specialist and schedule your Verification Visit.
- Schedule your CDA Exam at a Pearson VUE Online testing Center.
This class is designed to have students ready to apply for the CDA certification by May 1, 2019.
Questions? Contact Anne McIntyre at 713-402-5130 or firstname.lastname@example.org