St. Luke’s Day School Kaleidoscope TK
St. Luke’s Day School will not offer Kindergarten for 2020-2021. Instead, we are excited to announce our newest program…
Kaleidoscope TK, where children are ever changing, ever beautiful!
What does the SLDS Transitional Kindergarten (TK) look like?
Kaleidoscope TK is an opportunity for children who have completed PreK to play and learn together at SLDS! The program is designed to meet the needs of children who would benefit from more time for social/emotional and physical development, continuation of play-based learning, and expansion of readiness skills while preparing for their next steps in formal education.
Kaleidoscope has a depth of instruction that sets this class apart from our pre-school program. An emphasis on strengthening social, emotional, and higher order thinking skills, fine-tuning Literacy and Mathematics readiness, supporting fine-motor development, and working in small groups is essential for TK. Additionally, the curriculum includes Science/Engineering, Social Studies, Physical/Health Education, Fine Arts, Writing, Digital Technology, and Spiritual content areas. Our Kaleidoscope students receive the time and opportunity to practice the skills they need to go forward as confident, capable, and creative learners ready to make a successful change as they set forth into elementary schooling.
2020-2021 Registration Instructions
Application due dates:
Currently enrolled students (2019-20) and new siblings Monday, February 3, 2020 by 6 p.m.
SLUMC Church Members (including The Story) Tuesday, February 11, 2020 by 6 p.m.
Community Friday, February 14, 2020 by 6 p.m.
- Order of application processing for each group—currently enrolled, church members, and community—is determined by a drawing which will take place right after each due date. (Applications must be in office, not postmarked, by due date.)
- Applications received after the due date(s) will be processed in order of receipt.
- Acceptance and Waiting List letters will be mailed by Friday, March 13, 2020.
- Children who are not accepted will automatically be placed on our waiting list.
- Complete and print Application for Enrollment (fillable PDF) for each child applying.
- Gesell Screening Fee is for new applicants only. You will be contacted to schedule an appointment.
- If you have two or more children, do not take second child discount at this time. Appropriate amount will be credited in September.
- Complete and print Payment Information Form for each child applying. If payment method is check, include a check or money order for the total of Registration Fee plus September tuition for your first choice program. Note: payments will only be run/deposited if child is accepted.
- Complete and print Cover Page & Checklist for each child applying.
- If you have two or more children, place applications together in the same envelope. This is very important for processing.
- We encourage hand-delivery. If mailing, please select a method you can track, e.g. return receipt.
- We cannot guarantee your first choice, or that new applicants will be accepted into the program. Returning students are guaranteed a place in the program, provided application due date is met.
- Please note that children must be up-to-date on recommended immunizations to attend St. Luke’s Day School.
Acceptance Notification and Next Steps:
- Acceptance letters will be mailed by Friday, March 13, 2020.
- If your child is accepted, payments (ACH and credit card) will be run and checks deposited the week of March 16. Payment includes Registration Fee and September 2020 tuition for each child.
- The Registration Fee is non-refundable. Parents have until March 31, 2020 to decline enrollment and receive a tuition refund. After March 31, September 2020 tuition is non-refundable.
- To confirm and hold your child’s enrollment, the following must be completed by date indicated:
- May 1, 2020 – May 2021 Advance tuition is due. Credit card and ACH transactions will be run on that date, otherwise, payment must be made by check. May 2021 Advance tuition is not refundable once paid.
- July 1, 2020 – 2020-2021 Child Forms due. Forms will be available in May; a $50 fee will be assessed for late forms.
- August 17, 2020 – 2020-2021 Activity/Supply Fee due. Credit card and ACH transactions will be run on that date, otherwise, payment must be made by check. The Activity/Supply Fee is not refundable once paid.
- St. Luke’s Day School requires written notification to decline enrollment or withdraw your child from the school.
Waiting List Notification and Next Steps:
- Waiting list letters will be mailed by Friday, March 13, 2020.
- If your child is placed on the waiting list, no payment is due as there is no cost to be on the waiting list. If a check was submitted with application, it will be returned in your letter.
- We use the waiting list to fill openings as they occur through January 2021. The Registrar will contact you if a spot becomes available for your child.
- The waiting list does not carry over to the next school year. Remember to re-apply for the 2021-2022 school year if you have not heard from us by January 2021.
All applications and placements are subject to the approval of Debbie Weymouth, Director of Day School.
St. Luke’s Day School’s 9-Month Program is intended to be a nine-month commitment and each tuition payment represents one-ninth of the school year. Credit is not given for a child’s absence or days the school is not in session.
St. Luke’s Day School is licensed by Texas Health and Human Services and accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools AdvancED. Registration is open to all children regardless of race, ethnic origin, or religious preference.
Questions? Contact Buffy Baird at firstname.lastname@example.org.